Dropping Lubs!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A little compliment...

...goes a long way! Tonight while I was out to eat with my family, I ran into a friend that I have not seen since school let out at the beginning of June. Well, she noticed that I had lost weight!!! I can not even begin to explain how great that made me feel! I've been struggling for so long as the weight kept creeping on (partly due to my ridiculous hypothyroid problem that I was unaware of) and trying so hard to get the weight to come off, that hearing one person notice that I looked different was such a huge encouragement to me!! It was far more encouraging than any number on the scale. It was way better than being criticized for a food choice made. And it had a lot more meaning than someone simply saying "good job".  It gave me an added boost! Just what I needed to keep plugging along. It actually made me want to go home and run a few miles...seriously, but it was raining! Oh, and if you don't know me...I hate to run, so that was big!
I can guarantee that tomorrow will be a good day! I'm gonna get my butt out of bed and head downstairs early to get a workout in before the kids get up and maybe even take a run in the evening after my hubby gets home!
So, if you see someone out that looks great...TELL THEM! It could help them get over their next hurdle!
I had not yet worked out this week, but I have stayed away from the salt grinder!
In fact, I had to make a conscious choice to NOT put salt on my tomatoes (which I usually do)...so that was a success!
Now onto more successes and more lubs dropped!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! Look at you kid! Compliments are great motivators. I'll be checking in tomorrow to see if you worked out in the am....:o)

    ReplyDelete