Dropping Lubs!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

What does a 7 day green smoothie - raw cleanse look like?

I followed the "raw diva" cleanse, which men can also do! This is a link to the materials page, which will help you make better (for your stomach) smoothie combinations and teach you some of the basics of raw eating. http://www.therawdivas.com/7daydetox/downloads.php
I chose to do mainly green smoothies during my cleanse out of ease.
I only ate 3 "meals" a day, but you must consider that each smoothie was approximately 24 ounces.
The night before starting at 7pm I did a 24 hour water ONLY fast. You are supposed to break the fast at 7pm the following night with a single fruit dinner. Melon is what they encourage you to eat that night. That is what I did. I ate 1 whole medium sized cantaloupe for dinner, drank more water, then went to bed.
The next morning I would start consuming 3 green smoothies per day!
NOTE: When making smoothies add at least 2 ounces of water to the blender and more after blended when necessary, as the smoothies can get quite thick the longer they sit. I liked to put my smoothies in a large 32 oz. Nalgene bottle, then add a bit of water and shake as my smoothie thickened.
My second day consisted of:
Breakfast green smoothie #1 - 3 bananas, 2 handfuls of spinach and 1 handful parsley!
Lunch green smoothie #2 - 3 kale leaves, 1 carrot, 1 stick of celery and one granny smith apple. (not the yummiest)
Dinner green smoothie #3 - (a treat for gulping down all of smoothie #2) 2 1/2 peaches, 8 strawberries, and enough spinach to stuff the blender full! Delicious!

Other things eaten during the remaining 5 days were:
Green smoothie: 4 large kale leaves, 5 strawberries and 1 1/2 cup blueberries
Green smoothie: 1 celery stick, 1 peach, 1 golden delicious apple, and a blender full spinach! I'm enjoyed this one!
Green smoothie: 1 handful of romaine lettuce, 1 handful spinach, 1 celery stick, 3 inches of cucumber, 1 peach, and 1 golden delicious apple (same as above, just romaine and cucumber added and it was still good)
Favorite smoothie: 1 mango, 1 chunk pineapple, 1/4 cup shredded coconut and the remaining part of the blender packed with as much spinach as I could fit!
I also ate a plate of avocado, tomatoes and cucumber simply sliced as one meal.

On day six we were planning to have a cookout with some friends who would be eating burgers, hotdogs, chicken, salmon, potato chips, and chocolate chip cookies...so I prepared in advance!
I marinated a portabello mushroom in some organic garlic/apple cider vinegar dressing, along with some sweet red bell peppers. I had some cucumber, tomato and carrot sticks. For dessert I ate fresh watermelon and I prepared a raw peach pie (recipe to follow). I was completely satisfied and felt great that I averted the various temptations.
If you choose to do the cleanse you can tailor it to your needs, but remember that whatever you eat, it must grow naturally from the ground and be in a raw state. I chose not to eat any nuts or add any sweeteners, except for what was in the peach pie on day 6, because I wanted to get the maximum benefit from the cleanse.
I'll tell you after the 7 days were over, I felt terrific!!! I have more energy and just feel more vibrant!
I will continue to incorporate green smoothies into my every day life as I work to drop the remaining 33 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment