Dropping Lubs!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

A new kind of typical

Since the green smoothie fast I have found myself with a new kind of typical. One of my biggest challenges used to be finding something healthy to eat in the middle of the day when I am busy preparing food for my 2 children, trying to clean up after them and trying to get SOMETHING accomplished during the day. Somehow, what I ate and how I took care of myself always took the back seat position. I would preach to my kids about making healthy choices, then scarf down a handful of pretzels or maybe a bowl of cereal and call it a meal. Well, since I learned that green smoothies don't taste so bad, they are really good for you, and they are quick to prepare...they are now an everyday part of my diet! They take the place when I find myself hungry, but lacking time to prepare an entire plate of food. I can blend something up and take it with me in the car. I actually might say I crave green smoothies now!
A typical day of eating before the cleanse consisted of lots of carbs, a no holds bar sweet tooth and maybe a decent dinner with a vegetable...followed by various snacks after dinner! I always thought we ate healthy and probably compared to much of the USA we did. But we were designed to eat far more fruits and vegetables than we consume.
Anyhow, last night I took the kids out to Jason's Deli. I ordered a chicken wrap and was only able to consume half. I also got a fruit cup, instead of the chips that were supposed to come with it and I passed up the free ice cream that I would usually put in a large cup to be able to eat as much as I could! How did I do this? Well, it wasn't will power. I didn't even want it! It is really absolutely crazy, but the cleanse did something to my system to reduce my craving and change my desires.
I think since the cleanse allowed me to drop 7 pounds, I am more determined than ever to keep it off and keep dropping more lubs!

1 comment:

  1. Ever since the Daniel Fast my stomach has been half the size that it was! Certainly can see how your smoothie fast would do that. I find that cutting up lot's of raw veggies, red pepper, cucumbers, carrots etc and having humus around helps me. Also the big think of fancy nuts from coscto I even keep those in the car most days. Easy healthy snack!

    ReplyDelete