Dropping Lubs!

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Today's Menu

Now 4 days after successfully completing the raw/green smoothie cleanse I am continuing to make healthy choices. Surprisingly to me, it hasn't been too difficult. It does require thought and staying ahead of my hunger! That is one thing I have learned...don't allow yourself to get too hungry without having a plan or temptation could get the best of you! Grab an apple, a stick of celery, a cup of low fat cottage cheese, or 8 oz of water before you grab a handful of chips or cookies! It is amazing how water can fill in the gap sometimes and most of us don't drink enough water on a regular basis anyhow, so it would be great to drink an extra glass or 2 each day...I know I was guilty of this (and am now slowly getting better). :)
So, on to today's menu:
Breakfast-1 cup 0% fat greek yogurt, 1/2 cup homemade granola (recipe to follow) and 1 cup sliced strawberries
NOTE: I left the house so I took a Trio bar and 32oz. of water with me in case I got hungry (I did NOT end up eating the Trio bar, but drank all of the water)
Lunch - 1 baked potato with 1 t butter, 1 t light sour cream and 1 wedge of chipotle laughing cow cheese
Snack - 1 whole roasted beet with goat cheese crumbles and 1/4 cup light wheat thins
Dinner - 3 slices of grilled eggplant with EVOO, 1/2 cup cooked quinoa and 1 small romaine and spinach salad with avocado, onion and 1 strawberry sliced with 1 T fat free organic poppyseed dressing.
Throughout the day I had 64 oz of water total.
I felt satisfied today and one step closer to a few inches smaller! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment