Dropping Lubs!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Raw Lasagna

I fixed this recipe for my husband and I after the kids went to bed, thinking that I would probably be the only one eating it. Well, to my surprise my hubby loved it! He even took leftovers to work the next day! He said that he would NOT pick up a slice of raw zucchini to eat, so I was pretty amazed. I also enjoyed it!

Ingredients:
1 T EVOO
2 zucchini, thinly sliced lengthwise (I used a mandolin, you can also use a potato peeler)
1/2 package of spinach (about 2 packed cups)
Homemade marinara (recipe to follow, but this is what made it so yummy)
1 or 2 avocados, sliced

Directions:
Put spinach with a few Tablespoons of water in a food processor or blender and pulse until it becomes a sauce. Set spinach sauce aside in small bowl.
Cover the bottom of a rectangular baking dish with 1/3 marinara and layer about a third of the zucchini slices on top of the sauce.
Top with avocado slices, then put half of spinach sauce over avocado.
Continue with more zucchini slices and alternate remaining ingredients with marinara being the last layer on top.
Serve and Enjoy!

NOTE: You may also add a cashew "cheese" in between layers if desired or cashew cream (recipe to follow)


Recipe adapted from: "Raw Food" by Erica Palmcrantz and Irmela Lilja

No comments:

Post a Comment